For your installation, you need Gooseneck Outdoor Light Fixtures and other lighting devices you chose for landscaping, you also need a power pack, connector caps and electrical tape. If you have a 200 watt lighting system you will need a 12- gauge cable or 16- gauge if it’s lower than 200 watts. You need a shovel or an edger for wire trench, a utility knife, wire cutters and wire strippers, screw driver and working gloves. You may also need a wooden post for your power pack. To figure out what size power pack your plan requires, add up the total wattage of your lighting system. The wattage should be 75 – 100% of the power pack rating according to a good source. Take note that for large installation you need more than one.
Gooseneck Outdoor Light Fixtures
Here is what you need to do to installation of Gooseneck Outdoor Light Fixtures:
Make sure that all lights are working. Adjust their focus and begin installing them permanently. Set the controls for automatic on and off times of the power pack then sit back and enjoy your dramatic new night time landscape.
1. Begin by locating your outlet outside of your house. All outdoor outlet should be ground fault circuit interupter (GFCI) outlets. They provide extra shock protection and and areas apply moisture.
2. Attach the power pack nearby to a post on the ground or on the house itself.
3. Assemble your gooseneck lights according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Then place your lights on the final positions according to your plan.
5. Lay out the cable. Connect each light to the cable with the cable connector caps. Make sure that you read instructions that came along with the product to install it properly.
6. Once you are done with your wiring system, follow the instructions provided to connect the cable to the power pack.
7. Then plug the power pack to the outlet.